Alonso Olive Oil Coratina
Product of Chile
Unit Dimensions: 11x2x2 inches.
Unit Weight: 1.9 lbs
- PRODUCT OF CHILE- Alonso is a family farm in the O’Higgins region of central Chile. The family has its roots in Spain and decided to bring the taste of home to this new world. The added benefit being that all the machinery and techniques are in accordance with the latest in the process of making EVOO. for example, from when the olives are harvested until they reach the mill is done in within 90 minutes, which is exceptionally quicker than most "old world" EVOO's.
- FRESH HARVEST -.Enjoy the most recent harvest from Alonso, made in the southern hemisphere, in what would be the spring season of the Northern hemisphere. Experience the excellence of the Mediterranean from a whole new world with its own unique flavor profiles. An unfiltered EVOO with an acidity level of less than .2, ensures the chemical quality, while numerous awards ensures the taste is there to match.
- BEST IN CLASS AWARD- At The Prestigious 2019 NYIOOC, which is one of the largest competitions in the world, featuring about 900 different olive oils. They have also won awards in greece, Israel, and Japan. The Coratina has shown incredible consistency, winning a gold in every year from 2015-2019
- ROBUST OIL- Alonso Coratina is a high quality olive oil with green notes and a complex taste. This variety has an intense and balanced spiciness with notes of freshly cut grass, arugula, envy, and chicory. Itg is best to be used in dishes where there is a heavier flavor, such as steak, lamb chops, or chicken.
- MONOCULTIVAR, SINGLE SOURCE- The Coratina olive is the only olive used, giving it its unique characteristics .The miloling process is fine tuned to handle only the Coratina olive, allowing Alonso to perfect the milling for the variety, and bring out the best of the olive.
Alonso Coratina is a high quality olive oil with green notes and a complex taste. This Italian variety has an intense and balanced spiciness with notes of freshly cut grass, arugula, envy, and chicory.
Situated in the picturesque O’Higgins region of central Chile, Alonso own 1,500 acres planted with a variety of different olive trees. Their mission is to ensure the optimal delivery from tree to table of their complex extra virgin olive oils for your enjoyment.
NYIOOC 2019 Best In Class
TERRAOLIVO 2017, Gran Prestige Gold